Here is a great recipe that can be customized with whatever spice you like! I, personally, like it plain because the roasted peppers already have quite a bit of flavor, but if you like, you can spice it up with paprika, cumin, dill, or anything else you fancy!
4 medium red peppers
1 medium cauliflower, diced
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups of chicken stock
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the red peppers in half and scoop out ribs and seeds. Place them on a cookie sheet and broil them until the skins turn black. Take them out and cover them with aluminum foil until cooled. Peel the skin and chop up the peppers.
- Roast the cauliflower in a 400 degree oven until crisp, turning them a few times.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, sauté the onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil in a large pot until caramelized.
- Add the chicken stock and spices, if using, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers, cauliflower, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until creamy and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve it up nice and hot! If you like, you can drizzle a little bit of olive or truffle oil on the top!
Mmm, mmm good!