Yes, it is different because it’s a Cauliflower Steak! And talk about Dash-friendly! This is the perfect complement to any main course – so delicious and so healthy!
One head of cauliflower, cut into steaks about 3/4″ thick
Herbs and spices to your liking
Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 450.
Place cauliflower steaks on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.
Lightly brush each side of steaks with olive oil.
Season with your favorite spices and Parmesan cheese, if you’re using it.
Place in the oven for about 20 minutes. Turn then over, re-season and re-cheese them.
Cook until they are tender and brown!
Here is a great recipe that can be customized with whatever spice you like! I, personally, like it plain because the roasted peppers already have quite a bit of flavor, but if you like, you can spice it up with paprika, cumin, dill, or anything else you fancy!
4 medium red peppers
1 medium cauliflower, diced
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups of chicken stock
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the red peppers in half and scoop out ribs and seeds. Place them on a cookie sheet and broil them until the skins turn black. Take them out and cover them with aluminum foil until cooled. Peel the skin and chop up the peppers.
- Roast the cauliflower in a 400 degree oven until crisp, turning them a few times.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, sauté the onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil in a large pot until caramelized.
- Add the chicken stock and spices, if using, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers, cauliflower, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until creamy and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve it up nice and hot! If you like, you can drizzle a little bit of olive or truffle oil on the top!
Mmm, mmm good!